- Size From: 50mm
- Body: 316SS
- Pressure Range: N/A
- Mesh: 13mm other options available
Flanged Suction Strainer Supplier in Australia
Flanged Suction Strainers are available with free delivery Australia wide*. We supply Stainless Steel Suction Strainer products to all cities in Australia, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Canberra, Hobart and more.
We are a professional manufacturer, supplier and distributor for Stainless Steel Suction Strainer products in Australia. Contact us for more information on our Suction Strainer product range.
Facts about Flanged Suction Strainers:
- Flanged Suction Strainers are also known as Pump strainers, Foot strainers and Inlet strainers.
- Suction Strainers will always be installed underwater or submerged in fluid.
- Designed with a specific hole size, to only allow water or fluid to pass through the holes in the strainer screen.
- The flanged suction strainer is a high flow and non-restrictive strainer filter screen, preventing large debris from entering the pump suction line.
- Suction Strainers provide end users with more design options for high flow applications compared to a common foot valve.
- The flanged suction strainer can also be manufactured to suit any flange size and flange specification.
- The flanged suction strainer is typically connected to a de-watering hose to protect the pump from damage by preventing large debris being sucked into the system.
General information about Flanged Suction Strainers:
- Manufactured from 316 stainless steel to ensure longevity.
- Available with a Table D AS2129 flange, Table E AS2129 flange, AS4087 PN16 flange, ANSI 150LB flange and more.
- Many aperture sizes available. 10mm diameter to 30mm diameter are common.
- The flanged suction strainer can be manufactured to suit many sizes and in particular large flange sizes over 600mm.
- Manufactured from 316 stainless steel for corrosive applications and longevity being underwater or submerged in fluid.
- The flanged suction strainer can still be bolted to a flanged check valve for the foot valve feature, but compared with a common foot valve, it's available in much more aperture size options for high flow pumps.
The purpose of a Flanged Suction Strainer:
- Pump protection. Pipeline protection.
- The suction strainer is the first line of defence in terms of protecting your pump system.
- The suction strainer will filter and prevent any debris which are larger than the hole diameter size in the screen from entering the suction line.
Where is a Flanged Suction Strainer installed?
- Flanged Suction Strainers are installed at the pick-up end of the suction hose or pipe.
- The Suction Strainer will always be underwater or submerged in a fluid.
- Bolted to the suction hose, with a matching flange.
Choosing the Strainer hole diameter size:
- To determine the hole diameter size that you want on your flanged suction strainer, decide on the largest diameter size of the debris that you want to allow into the pump suction line.
- A suction strainer still needs to allow water or fluid to pass into the pump suction line, and still needs to be non-restrictive, therefore a 10mm diameter hole size is the minimum recommended diameter.
- Some applications will have pumps which can still operate with large debris entering the pump system, so a hole diameter size of 30mm will be adequate.
Contact us for more information.