Industrial Basket Strainers Australia
Defender Strainers are Pipeline Strainers supplied nationally across Australia with free delivery". We supply Defender Strainer products for pipelines to all cities in Australia, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart and more.
We are a professional supplier and distributor of Defender Y strainers, Defender Simplex Basket Strainers and Defender Duplex Basket Strainers in Australia. Contact us on 1300 271 290 for more information.
Why choose and install a Defender Simplex Basket Strainer or Defender Duplex Basket Strainer?
Defender Basket Strainers come in a variety of design options which can be customised to your flow and filtering requirements. We supply basket strainers in a variety of sizes and designs, such as inline simplex basket strainer, duplex basket strainer and fabricated basket strainer.
Each design has the same straight flow direction of the fluid compared with a Y strainer, and much less pressure loss is achieved resulting in less head loss. This is due to a more direct flow and a larger volume capacity of the filtration area.
Basket strainers are used and installed when high flow capacities are required.
- Basket strainers can hold more debris than a Y strainer, due to the large size of the internal basket, meaning run times are longer between filter cleaning on basket strainers.
The basket strainer is much easier to clean and easier to work with compared with a Y strainer. The drain plug is at the bottom and the basket is removed from the top.
- Basket strainers can only be installed in a horizontal position.
Why choose and install a Y strainer?
- Defender Y strainers are cheaper to purchase than Defender Basket Strainers.
- Y strainers can be installed in both a horizontal and vertical position.
- Y strainers are smaller than basket strainers so will be suitable for tight spaces where there isn't much room to install.
- Y strainers usually have a higher pressure rating compared with basket strainers.
Basket strainers designed with maximum efficiency
- A Basket Strainer will come with a direction arrow to show which direction of flow the basket strainer is to be installed.
- A duplex basket strainer is installed in pump systems where constant flow is required even when cleaning a basket strainer or carrying out maintenance is required. They are designed with isolation valves installed between the two baskets, so that flow between one or the other can be diverted and controlled.
- Fabricated basket strainers are more advanced and unique, with special features like a davit arm being fitted to enable safe and ergonomic lifting and moving of the top lid of the basket strainer.
- Basket strainers are available in a range of materials such as cast iron, cast steel, stainless steel.
- The flange class rating can be Table D, Table E, ANSI 150LB, BS standard and more.
- Available in sizes 50mm, 65mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 165mm, 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, 350mm, 375mm, 400mm, 450mm, 500mm, 525mm, 550mm, 600mm.
Contact our Perth office for all your Defender Basket Strainer enquires
If you have any further enquiries about the industrial basket strainers available at Dewater Products or have a question about our extensive list of products, feel free to get in contact with our friendly team of staff. Call us on 1300 271 290 or fill out an enquiry form on our contact page and we will get back to you with all the information you require.